Persons with disabilities may access this Notice by calling us at 844-352-7680.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community. At Synexis® LLC (together with its affiliates and subsidiaries, “Synexis”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), we care deeply about privacy and are fully committed to protecting the information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons and households (“Personal Data”) that we process. We believe in transparency, and we are committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your Personal Data. We do not sell your Personal Data.
When you visit our Site, Synexis.com, its subdomains, and any other websites containing a link to this Privacy Notice (the “Site”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Site), you are trusting us with your Personal Data. It is the policy of Synexis to only collect, store, transfer, or otherwise process Personal Data in compliance with applicable law. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Synexis Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of Personal Data in relation to our Sites, apps, services, and platforms, and your use of them, our marketing and provision of products and services, our interactions with you in-person, by calling us, or by mail, and otherwise during the operation of our business. The Notice also explains the ways in which you may, under applicable laws, be able to control our processing of your Personal Data and exercise other rights. This Notice does not apply to Personal Data of members of our workforce in the context of that relationship. If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice or our practices with regards to your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the way you interact with us, we may occasionally provide you additional information about our processing of your Personal Data that addresses specific processing activities and circumstances. We refer to such notices here as “Supplemental Disclosures”. Supplemental Disclosures should be read together with this Notice. However, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms of a Supplemental Disclosure and this Notice, the Supplemental Disclosure will prevail, but only for the Personal Data processing subject to that disclosure.
Synexis does not collect sensitive Personal Data (such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health information, criminal background, or trade union membership) without your express consent unless required or allowed by law. Anonymous, de-identified, and aggregate data, as those terms may be defined under applicable law, are not considered “Personal Data” within the meaning of this Notice.
Please read this Notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your Personal Data?
- How will we use your Personal Data?
- How do we store your Personal Data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Our Cookie Notice
- Privacy policies of other Sites
- Changes to this Notice
- How to contact us
Please note that the Site may link to content provided by third parties that we do not control and for which we are not responsible. When you navigate to such content, the relevant third parties may process your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the third parties’ privacy and cookies notices when you leave our Site.
The types and amount of Personal Data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Personal Information Provided by You
Depending on your relationship with us, you might provide the following categories of Personal Data: your name; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; job titles and industry; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; and other similar identifier and contact data.
Personal Data That We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information that constitutes Personal Data when you interact with us, such as when you visit the Site, read our marketing communications including emails, contact us, purchase a product from us, apply for a job, or attend events that we are hosting, among other interactions. Depending on your interaction with us, we may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Device identifiers (e.g., IP and MAC addresses, cookie identifiers, device advertising identifiers), username and password, email address, phone number, and similar identifiers).
- Usage and device data (such as Sites visited, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, other technology on the devices used to access our Sites and apps, volume of transferred data, location data (e.g., inferred by IP address or obtained through GPS), and interactions with advertisements); and
- Commercial data, such as details of products and services purchased.
Personal Data That We Collect From Third Parties
We may obtain Personal Data relating to you from third parties. The third parties from which we may obtain Personal Data generally fall within the following categories:
- Publicly accessible data
- Social media platforms
- Marketing list suppliers
- Advertising partners
- Analytics providers
- Payment processors
- Data supplementation suppliers
- Business partners, such as event co-sponsors
We Collect the Following Categories of Personal Data From Third Parties:
- Identifiers and contact data, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, general location (such as city, state, and country), username, and device identifiers (including cookie identifiers and device advertising identifiers).
- Usage and device data, such as browsing and search history and interactions with advertisements.
- Usage and device data, such as Sites visited, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, other technology on the devices used to access our Sites and apps, volume of transferred data, location data (e.g., inferred by IP address or obtained through GPS), and interactions with advertisements.
- Commercial data, such as details of products and services purchased or sampled and inferences regarding the population segments to which you might belong.
You directly provide Synexis with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process Personal Data when you:
- Request a meeting, contact us, or register online for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our Site.
- Inquire about or apply for a job with Synexis.
We may also obtain Personal Data relating to you from Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) when you visit or use the Site. The information generated by Google’s cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on Site activity for Site operators and providing other services relating to Site activity and internet usage. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The specific purposes for which we process an individual’s Personal Data differs based on our relationship with the individual. In general, Synexis processes Personal Data so that we can:
- Communicate with individuals, including responding to questions and complaints from customers and other individuals, and informing individuals about job opportunities with Synexis.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Deliver other targeted advertising to you. We may use your Personal Data to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Make it easier for you to navigate the Site and help us understand how you use the Site.
- Comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal process or inquiries from authorities.
- Protect the rights, interests and safety of us, you and any third parties, and exercise and defend our rights.
- Create anonymous, de-identified or aggregated datasets. Such datasets would not be “Personal Data” subject to this Notice. We may use anonymous, de-identified or aggregated datasets for any purpose.
Lawful Bases of Processing
Certain jurisdictions require that we have a lawful basis to justify our processing of your Personal Data. Where applicable, the lawful bases that Synexis relies upon to justify a particular processing activity may differ from the lawful basis used to justify a different processing activity. Synexis relies on the following lawful bases to process Personal Data, as permitted under applicable law:
- Processing necessary for the negotiation, execution, or performance of contracts
- Processing to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Processing for reasons of public interest in the area of public health
- Processing in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including our interests to conduct legitimate business activities (such as improving our products and services, to communicate with you, to secure our systems, among other legitimate interests)
- Processing based on your consent
Where required by law, we may obtain your explicit consent to collect and use special category data about you. Other legal bases for our processing of special category data may include, as permitted by applicable law, for scientific research, for employment, social security or social protection law, for reasons of substantial public interest, or as necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You can contact our DPO for more information about our processing of your Personal Data.
Where required by applicable law, Synexis does not rent, sell, or share Personal Data about you with non-affiliated persons for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. Otherwise, however, we may disclose your Personal Data to the categories of third parties listed below, including for our commercial or business purposes, without your consent as permitted by applicable law. As further set forth in the chart below, in the past 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Data to third parties for business or commercial purposes:
|Categories of Personal Information||Collected in the last 12 months:||Categories of sources from which information is collected:||Business or commercial purposes for collection, use, and sharing:||Disclosed for business purposes to the following categories of third parties:|
|Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
|Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information)||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Commercial or transactions information (such as records of personal property or products or services purchased, obtained or considered)||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement)||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
|Biometric information (such as call recordings)||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Geolocation information||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
|Sensory information (such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information)||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Professional or employment-related information||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
|Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above||Yes||All categories listed above.||All purposes listed below.||All categories listed below.|
The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Data for our commercial, business, or other permitted purposes include:
- Members of the Synexis corporate group, including our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Service providers, which are entities that process Personal Data on behalf of Synexis, including, but not limited to, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms.
- Persons with legal rights to access Personal Data, including, as the case may be, law enforcement agencies, intelligence services, competent administrative and judicial authorities, and persons with validly issued subpoenas, warrants, or other forms of legal process.
- Parties involved in potential business transactions, including potential acquirers and other stakeholders in the event of a merger or legal restructuring operation such as an acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, divestiture, or bankruptcy, Social networks, and advertising networks.
- Any other sites if you direct us to share your Personal Data with such sites or to other entities that do not fall in one of the above categories with your permission.
The commercial and business purposes for which we disclose your Personal Data include, without limitation:
- Our commercial purposes, including enabling commercial transactions, providing the services to you, marketing, and advertising.
- Our business purposes, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you.
- Legal compliance.
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity.
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders, payments, and analytics.
- Internal research for technological improvement.
- Internal operations.
- Activities to maintain and improve our services.
- Other one-time uses.
Synexis implements various technical, administrative, physical, and organizational measures to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data. While we take measures to safeguard your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that the Personal Data we process will remain secure.
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
When the retention of your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or our retention of such Personal Data is no longer required by law, we will delete, anonymize, de-identify, or aggregate the Personal Data such that it is no longer associated with you.
Synexis takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your Personal Data and the security of the Site. We have implemented appropriate technical, administrative, physical, and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any Personal Data we process. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Synexis cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will remain secure.
Certain social media features available on or linked to the Site may be hosted by third parties. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from the Site via your social networking profile. The Site also allows you to apply for available jobs at Synexis through your LinkedIn account. If you choose to make use of third-party social media services (such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn), we may receive Personal Data about you, such as your name and email address that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third-party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services. Any Personal Data we receive through third-party social media services may be used as described in this Notice.
Cross-border Transfers of Personal Data
Synexis operates globally and, consistent with applicable laws, may process your Personal Data in jurisdictions that are not regarded as providing the same level of protection to Personal Data as the jurisdiction in which you are based.
When transferring Personal Data across borders, we take steps to put in place safeguards to protect such Personal Data as required by applicable laws. These safeguards may include:
- Transferring Personal Data to recipients located in countries deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data including where Personal Data originates in the European Union, to countries which the European Commission has deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data; and
- Entering into agreements containing contractual safeguards, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions concerning the transfer of your Personal Data (see the “How to contact us” section below).
Synexis would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Synexis from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Your Choices and Rights
Some jurisdictions have provided individuals with certain rights in relation to the processing of their Personal Data. This is the case where you are located in the European Union, the United Kingdom, or California, though these rights may be available in other jurisdictions too. These rights are not available to everyone, and they do not necessarily apply in all contexts. Depending on applicable law, you may have the rights to:
- Request to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- Request correction of your Personal Data (should your Personal Data be inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete).
- Request deletion of your Personal Data.
- Withdraw your consent to processing (where we processed Personal Data on the basis of your consent). Please note that withdrawing your consent applies only to future processing activities.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or a third party.
- Opt-out of certain transfers to third parties.
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of these rights.
To exercise a right that you believe you may be entitled to under applicable law, please reach out to us via email, phone, or standard mail using the details in the How to contact us section below. We may need to verify your identity before we fulfill your request, including, at a minimum, your name and email address. In some jurisdictions, you may designate an authorized agent to make the requests detailed above on your behalf.
If you feel that we have failed to comply with your request or have not addressed a complaint that you have, you may also have the right to complaint to the competent data protection or other regulatory authority in your jurisdiction.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Although we do not currently conduct sales of personal information, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us to not sell personal information we maintain about them if our practices change in the future.
To exercise this right, please contact us:
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 16 years of age.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals sixteen years of age or younger, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Data through the Site. We do not knowingly process Personal Data relating to individuals younger than 16 without the permission of the minor’s guardian, except where permitted under applicable law. If you have reason to believe that we are processing Personal Data relating to a minor without permission from the minor’s guardian, please notify us as listed in the How to contact us section.
Synexis and third parties deploy digital tracking technologies (such as cookies, pixels, tags, similar technologies, collectively referred to as “Cookies”), on our digital properties (like the Site and in our emails) for a number of reasons, including making the Site function properly and being able to provide you with the most relevant products, services, and information.
A “Cookie” is a text file placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit the Site or load an email, we may collect information from you automatically through Cookies or similar technology. The information stored in the Cookie can be read on subsequent visits to the digital property, allowing for the device to be recognized. “First-party Cookies” are Cookies set by the digital property that you are visiting; “third-party Cookies” are Cookies set by third parties when you visited the digital property.
For further information, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. In Europe, you may also visit www.youronlinechoices.eu to exercise choices about certain Cookies. In the U.S. you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ to learn how to opt-out of certain third-party interest-based advertising Cookies.
Web users have the option to set Do Not Track as a privacy preference in their browsers. When the Do Not Track signal is set, the browser sends a message to Sites asking them not to track the user while browsing the site. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org
Synexis may use other standard technology to track visitors to the Site or one of the affiliated pages hosted at the Synexis domain. These tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
- Make it easier for you to navigate the Site
- Help us understand how you use the Site
- Display content that is relevant to your interests
The Types of Cookies We Utilize
There are a number of different types of Cookies, however, the Site uses:
- Functionality – Synexis uses these Cookies so that we recognize you on our Site and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party Cookies are used.
- Advertising – Synexis uses these Cookies to collect information about your visit to our Site, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Synexis sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through Cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another Site, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Site.
How to Manage Cookies
We may update this Notice from time to time. You are encouraged to consult this Notice regularly and check the date on which the Notice was last updated, as shown in the beginning and end of the Notice. When we make a material change to the Notice, we will endeavor to notify you by placing a notice on the Site or we will provide notice as otherwise required by law.
If you have any questions about this Notice, the Personal Data we process, or if you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at email@example.com
Call us at 844-352-7680
Or write to us at
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Synexis has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the competent data protection or other regulatory authority in your jurisdiction.